combustion service technician
The Combustion Service Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting, repair, upgrading of existing thermal processing equipment, and the startup of equipment systems built by Onex. The service technician must maintain good written and oral communication with the customer throughout the build/service process to ensure that the job scope is completed. The service technician must be able to work with various Onex departments to complete jobs in the field and the shop.
● Promote and engage in a safe work environment
● Report safety incidents
● Display good housekeeping in work areas
● Ensure adherence to OSHA and Onex safety policies
B. Work Tasks
● Read and understand plumbing, mechanical, electrical and PLC logic prints to troubleshoot customer equipment
● Use test equipment to measure flows, signals and temperatures to troubleshoot equipment
● Commissioning and troubleshooting the start up of new equipment
● Installing electrical, conduit and wire ways ● Installing pneumatic and gas piping
● Assembling and installing electrical panels
C. Planning and Scheduling
● Communicates with salesman to ensure there is a detailed scope of work
● Onsite assessment prior to commencing work to ensure all equipment and material have arrived
● Completes work in a timely manner with proper crew size and skill
● Works with crew to overcome challenges to keep the job on schedule
● Reports daily progress to salesman
● Accurate and reliable with the quality of work results
● Ensures job scope was completed
● Ensures proper installation techniques were used
F. Client Interface
● Develop, direct, and perform preventative maintenance programs for customers
● Communicates effectively with the client
● Obtains written authorization for change orders
● Ensures change order billing is communicated to salesman and sales support
● Obtains written sign-offs from clients on all jobs
● Completes required reports and turns them in on time (i.e. contracted work order signed by client,
change orders signed by client, daily timesheet, expense report with credit card receipts, weekly
tool box safety talks, communication with salesman on progress daily)
2. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Others
● Company Policies
● MS Office
● NFPA 86, NFPA 70E, AND AMS 2750E
● PLC Software
● Combustion Controls
● Tools: Manometers
● Problem Solving
o Finding solutions to difficult or complex issues.
● Administrative Skill
o Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work Responsibilities, Information Ordering.
o Deal with more than one task at the same time.
● Social Perceptiveness
o Awareness and understanding of others’ reactions.
o Assessing performance and conduct of self, other individuals to make improvements or take
● Active Listening
o Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being
● Time Management
o Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
o Working well together with others.
● Resource Utilization
o The ability to effectively use the available resources, including equipment and personnel to meet
● Oral Comprehension and Expression
o The ability to speak with and listen to others, and understand information and ideas presented
through spoken words and sentences.
● Written Comprehension and Expression
o The ability to write and read, speak and listen to, and understand information and ideas presented
through written words and sentences.
o Careful about details, concise and thorough in performance.
● Numerical Ability
o Utilize basic calculations effectively, mathematical reasoning and formulas to solve problems
based on numerical data.
● Respirator Fit Testing – Requires face to be clean shaven
● Requires moving one’s whole body such as climbing, lifting, kneeling, balancing, walking, stooping and
● Activities often require considerable use and coordination of the arms, hands, fingers and legs such as the
physical handling of equipment and materials
● Requires stamina to physical exertion over long periods of time
● Must be able to move or handle equipment and materials generally weighing up to 100 pounds
● Subject to random Drug Testing
● Wear PPE in field environment
• Respect for Others
o Willing to treat other people politely and professionally, even if they disagree with the other
person’s point of view.
• Infectious Enthusiasm
o Approach every situation, positive or negative, as a challenge and an opportunity.
• Commitment to the Job
o A willingness to do whatever it takes to fulfill the duties of their positions and via the
development of new ideas to make the company even better.
• Innovative Ideas
o Think outside of the box and innovate new ways to accomplish existing tasks and approach
o Assisting clients and customers with their needs or helping co-workers accomplish overall
• Acts with Integrity
o Follow your moral or ethical convictions and doing the right thing, even when no one is
• Attention to Detail
o Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task. Provides accurate, consistent
numbers on all paperwork.
● High School Diploma or Technical Diploma
● Apprenticeship with electrician
● Certification in PLC Programming
● Valid US Driver’s License
• Travel frequently
• Indoors, industrial environment
• Moving mechanical parts
• Fumes or airborne particles
• Exposed to high temperatures
• Risk of electrical shock and vibration
• Loud noise levels
917 Bacon Street
Erie, PA 16511
3711 West 3rd Avenue
Beaver Falls, PA 15010