Technical Sales Representative
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Reports To: Site Manager
Onex’s Technical Salesperson is responsible for generating profitable orders for Onex products and services. They achieve success by developing positive relationships with customers and prospects, understanding their needs, and proposing effective Onex solutions. The Technical salesperson is expected to work in a team setting and will regularly collaborate with management, sales colleagues, administrative, operational, and marketing personnel. The Technical Salesperson must understand and support Onex’s Vision, Mission, and values. They must represent Onex and themselves with a high degree of professionalism in all internal and external interactions.
- Achieve annual Onex sales goals in their assigned territory, accounts or product/service line. This is accomplished through new accounts, retaining key customers and developing current customer base.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high degree of technical knowledge about Onex products, services and industry best practices.
- Consistently develop leads, referrals, and sales opportunities in collaboration with Marketing. Identify growth opportunities due to technical innovation and/or demand for products and services.
- Create added value for Onex customers through a consultative selling approach by identifying technical and process improvements which can be achieved through Onex solutions.
- Deliver exceptional customer service through responsiveness, technical proficiency, personal rapport, and proactively addressing customer needs.
- Attain a high quotation win-rate by correctly identifying customer needs, proposing the right Onex solution, and working with Onex management to prepare accurate and profitable quotations.
- Regularly track and report all selling activities, travel, time and expenses, and ensure all required information is updated to Onex’s management system. E.G., Viewpoint, Hubspot CRM
- Actively coordinate with Onex administration and operations to ensure your jobs and projects are on track, meet customer specification and are profitably run.
- Participate in regular completed job audits to improve quality, delivery, and costing to improve quote accuracy and profitability.
- Technical experience with Refractory, Furnace, or other related heat intensive industrial applications. Maintained through technical training, personal development, and awareness of industry technical trends
- Superior solution-selling skills. Demonstrated ability to accurately identify customer needs, propose solutions, and communicate value.
- Must be able to handle complex technical information including designs and specifications. Must communicate technical information clearly to customers and colleagues. Detail Oriented. Consistent and accurate calculations, designs, and documentation. This includes information updates to management systems.
- Professional demeanor; positive, energetic, outgoing, friendly, results-oriented, confident. Must be professional in all business interactions with customers, colleagues, and administrative personnel
- Ability to operate independently with little or no direct supervision and within a team. Commitment and availability to travel extensively and on short notice.
- Problem solving skills. Must be able to address technical challenges methodically and innovate practical solutions that add value.
- Leadership. Promotes a positive work environment and supports Onex vision, mission and values to people around them.
- Team oriented. Takes personal and shared ownership for job quality, performance, and achieving business objectives (costs, due dates, quality, communication)
- Effective time management. Ability to plan and work efficiently using productivity methods, tools and systems.
- Superior Interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of people including upper management, employees and colleagues; customer and Onex.
- Requires B.S. degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology or equivalent practical field experience
- Requires excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to sketch prints and understand drawings
- Requires proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Primavera, Auto CAD, Solid works and Allen Bradley Logic
917 Bacon Street
Erie, PA 16511
3711 West 3rd Avenue
Beaver Falls, PA 15010